from our stores locally
DELIVERED & INSTALLED
6 Days a week
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY
Starting from £39.00
All the Latest in appliance news, promotions and updates from Rickmores Electrical Centre
Dishwasher Buying Guide
Dishwashers are an indispensable appliance in the modern home, saving you time & money. Choosing the right dishwasher will depend on the size of your family and the available space in your kitchen. The following will help you choose the perfect dishwasher for you.
The capacity of your dishwasher will determine how much you can wash in one go; a larger capacity, a larger load of dishes. A dishwasher’s capacity is measured by the number of place settings that it can hold, ie 12 place settings is 12 plates, bowls, side plates, teacups, knives, forks, spoons and teaspoons.
The number of programmes your dishwasher will vary, but below we have the most common programmes:
- Quick wash -The time of quick washes depends on the dishwasher, but they average around 29 minutes.
- Delicate Programme -This programme is for your precious cutlery and servingware. It uses a light spray and minimal amount of soap so you don’t lose any detail on your items.
- Half Load Option -If you only have a few items to wash, and don’t want to use a whole wash worth of water and time, a half load is perfect.
- Full size -60cm wide and able to fit 12 - 15 place settings inside for one wash. They are ideal for larger families or families that like to entertain.
- Slimline -45cm wide and able to fit 9 - 10 place settings inside for one wash. They are perfect if you have a smaller kitchen or space is low. =
- Integrated - Integrated dishwashers are especially useful if you are conscious of your house’s appearance as they are able to be hidden within cupboards for a tidier looking kitchen. They also allow for extra room if you are low on space.
- Freestanding - Freestanding dishwashers give you the freedom to put your appliance wherever you want within your home (subject to water supply source)
Under EU legislation, every new dishwasher must have an energy label showing its energy rating. All our dishwashers are rated in line with the regulations, ranging from C (low efficiency) to A+++ (high efficiency).
You can work out an appliance's annual running costs by multiplying kWh used by 0.1427 (the average national cost of electricity + VAT), however this figure may vary according to how much you pay for your local electricity supply.
For further help and advice, don't hesitate to contact us.View our full range of dishwashers